After Centipede and Finger in Ice Cream, Woman Finds Dead Mouse in Hershey’s Syrup from Zepto; company reacts

After Centipede and Finger in Ice Cream, Woman Finds Dead Mouse in Hershey’s Syrup from Zepto; company reacts

After Centipede and Finger in Ice Cream, Woman Finds Dead Mouse in Hershey’s Syrup from Zepto; company reacts

Share This News
Woman Finds Dead Mouse in Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup

In a disturbing incident that has sparked widespread concern over food safety, a Bengaluru woman claims to have found a dead mouse inside a bottle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup purchased online. Prami Sridhar, who shared her ordeal on social media, posted a video that quickly went viral, showing the unsettling discovery.

According to Prami’s account on Instagram, she initially noticed what appeared to be strands of hair when she poured some syrup onto a spoon. Alarmed by this, she decided to further inspect the bottle by opening the sealed cap and pouring the syrup into a cup. To her horror, she uncovered a dead mouse submerged in the syrup.

The incident occurred after Prami had purchased the Hershey’s chocolate syrup through an online platform called Zepto. The video she posted shows her shock and dismay as she reveals the rodent in the bottle, prompting immediate outrage among social media users.

Hershey’s and Hershey’s India responded swiftly to the incident following the viral post. The company’s response, however, has not alleviated the concerns of the public, with many expressing outrage and calling for legal action against the manufacturer.

“This is absolutely unacceptable. I have never seen such negligence,” commented one social media user, echoing the sentiments of others who advised Prami to take legal action and report the incident to food safety authorities. 

Many users pointed out that the issue seemed to lie with the manufacturer, as the product’s seal appeared intact.

Prami also mentioned in her post that several family members who consumed the syrup fell ill afterwards, although they are reportedly recovering now. She urged caution among consumers, advising everyone to thoroughly inspect food products before consumption and to remain vigilant about their purchases.

This incident has reignited discussions about food safety and hygiene practices, with consumers increasingly wary of packaged food products. It comes on the heels of another recent case in Mumbai where a resident allegedly found a “human finger” in ice cream purchased online, further heightening concerns about the safety and quality of packaged foods in the country.

As investigations into the incident continue, authorities and consumers alike are emphasizing the importance of stringent quality control measures and vigilance in ensuring the safety of food products sold online.

Joyville