Undri residents to approach consumer court

Share This News

Renuka Suryavanshi

Citizens of Undri, Wadachiwadi, Handewadi and Pisoli recently held a meeting to discuss the increasing problem of hiked property taxes and no services provided by the Pune Municipal Corporation to the residents of the newly merged villages.

Eleven villages including Undri were merged in the Pune Municipal Corporation, while another 23 villages were merged in municipal jurisdiction recently but the previously merged villages are still lacking basic facilities, what was the need to merge these 23 villages, questioned the residents. These villages don’t have drinking water facilities, drainage, amenities, waste management, or light facilities, either, informed the residents. More than fifty societies came together to meet Undri’s ex sarpanch and Pune district planning committee member, Nivrutti Bandal. The residents are demanding that the PMC should provide the facilities or revise property tax. The meeting saw presence of many people from Undri, Pisoli, Wadachiwadi and Handewadi.

The residents have decided that they shall move to the consumer court to draw the attention of the Pune Municipal Corporation to provide them with basic amenities of water supply, drainage, proper roads and amenities needed.

Dilip Shah from Undri Residents Forum told Pune Pulse that the meeting was held at Nivrutti Bandal’s office recently where the citizens came together to discuss the issues faced by the residents despite paying high taxes. He said, “In comparison with the taxes we are paying to the PMC we are still lacking basic facilities. We are demanding that the pmc should revise our property taxes or provide us with the amenities.”

Nivrutti Bandal while speaking to Pune Pulse said, “The residents of the area are struggling to meet the requirements as they are paying high taxes and still spending money to buy tanker water. The roads are not properly made in the area, there is no drainage facility too. We shall now move to the Consumer court to raise our issue and seek help from the court to resolve our issue.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *