SPPU to introduce NEP in upcoming academic year

Pune Pulse

SPPU ranks to 210th spot from 207 in QS Asia University Rankings 2024

Share This News

With their affiliated colleges and on campus, Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) is now prepared to implement the new National Education Policy (NEP). 

For this policy to be put into effect in the affiliated colleges during the upcoming academic year, a new syllabus has been created. This course will be gradually announced on the university’s official website following Diwali on November 15.

Due to insufficient planning throughout the state, the implementation of degree-level NEP 2020 in affiliated colleges was delayed by one year. 

As a result, colleges connected to the university will begin offering four-year degree programs in the arts, commerce, and sciences starting in the 2024–2025 academic year. The university approved the state steering committee’s plan in July, and the SPPU academic council approved it in September.

In keeping with the plan, the institutes have prepared the required syllabus for the first year of the degree, according to the information provided by SPPU. It will soon be accessible on the university website, and after that, any necessary adjustments will be made in response to the comments received. Therefore, the students are receiving a new syllabus even after a year-long delay.

However, in traditional courses, core subjects will account for 60% of the credit, with skill-based subjects making up the remaining 40%. Four-year degree programs are now mandated for colleges. It consists of courses that focus on values and skills in addition to real-world work experience. As a result, the university is working to improve the 40 credit optional subjects.

Shreyas Vange

(Source – HT)