Tying the knot in a dreamy backdrop is one of the foremost things on a wedding checklist. There is fashion, there is the setting and then there is the camera to capture this beautiful moment for the rest of your life- and social media. So much has been the impact of social media trends, from pink lehengas to prewedding photoshoots to Rajasthani venues, that weddings today look no less than Bollywood movies.
Destination wedding, for example, has been one of the most sought-after goals when it comes to this venture of life. From 2021, India saw an increase of 62 per cent for destination weddings according to the data by WeddingWire. After all, they not only commemorate an important life event but also make the whole thing a splendid family vacation.
Jayant Varma, founder of Forever Weddings says that the craze for destination weddings is as strong as ever. A minimum of two to three hundred guests are expected in any destination wedding, along with a budget of at least twenty-five lakhs. The months of November to February are especially the ideal muhurat for couples looking for a comfortable travelling experience. Jayant says that more and more couples are opting for destination weddings in order to have an out-of-ordinary experience when it comes to this special moment of life. Be it choosing Rajasthan, Goa, Hyderabad or Lonavala- the main goal remains to make a cherished memory as distinct and exceptional as possible.
And wedding planners are there to equip these couples with every possible solution for every aspect of destination weddings- be it travelling, itinerary, photography, fashion, etc. If you yourself are looking for destination wedding options near you, look at some of these options near Pune to celebrate your love:
● Mahabaleshwar : From beautiful views like Elphinstone point to forts like Prataphghad to breathtaking waterfalls like Dhobi and Chinaman, Mahabaleshwar’s natural and aesthetic aura makes it one of the most attractive spots for pre-wedding shoots as well as wedding destinations. It is also an imminent spiritual tourism destination due to its religious context, making it a perfect family trip.
● Alibag : Beach weddings have always been in trend. Sprawled with a large number of beach houses modelled specifically for weddings, Alibag’s rich and exclusive environment has risen in rank thanks to a large number of celebrities and industrialists making its summer home.
● Lonavala : Known for its breathtaking scenery, Lonavala is known as the City of Caves thanks to the Karla and Bhaja Caves. It was termed to be one of the top choices for destination weddings in India along with Jaipur, Udaipur and Mussoorie in 2022. Khandala, which is 3km away, to is a hub for weddings- KL Rahul and Athiya Shetty famously tied their knot there in January.
● Matheran : A weekend getaway for many, Matheran in Karjat is not only famous for its picturesque view of the Western Ghats but also because of its fresh and unpolluted air. From colonial architecture to Parsi bungalows, the city is filled with beautiful visuals. While you’re at it, don’t forget to try its infamous toy train!
● Panchgani : Snuggled in the lap of Sahyadri mountains, Panchgani is blessed with a large number of viewpoints like Sydney Point, Kate’s Point, Bombay Point, Parsi Point, etc. Often cited to be a transformational experience, Panchgani will add a soul-cleansing experience to your day. To have an architecturally magnificent or naturally charismatic wedding does a dream come true for many. Which of these spots is your personal favourite?