By: Pune Pulse
November 17, 2023
Pune: The Igatpuri-Bhusawal-Badnera section of the Central Railways has recently completed the construction of infrastructure including track widening, regulation of overhead wire system, signals, and other mechanization to increase the speed of trains.
Due to this, the railway administration has permitted 22221/2 Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus-Hazrat Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express and other trains to run at a speed of 130 km per hour.
As per further information, the following are the current conditions of the railway sections:
· 308 km railway track in Igatpuri to Bhusawal section.
· 218.53 km railway track in Bhusawal to Badnera section.
· 526.65 km stretch of railway between Igatpuri to Badnera along with track strengthening work completed.
· At present speeds of 130 kmph are allowed on Pune-Daund (75.59 km), Igatpuri-Badnera (526 km), and Itarsi-Ballarshah (509 km) routes.
· Strengthening of the 337.44 km railway track in the Daund to Wadi section is underway.
· Trains will run at a speed of 130 km per hour between Daund and Wadi after the completion of the work.
· Gradually increase the speed of other mail-express.
· From November 14 all trains will run at revised speed.
Following trains will be able to travel at a fast speed:
· 22221/2 CSMT-Hazrat Nizamuddin-CSMT Rajdhani
· 12111/2 CSMT-Amravati-CSMT
· 12289/90 CSMT-Nagpur-CSMT
· 12859/60 Howrah-CSMT-Howrah
· 12105/6 CSMT-Gondia-CSMT
· 12809/10 CSMT-Howrah-CSMT