The automotive arena in India is set for a dynamic year ahead, with a slew of new car launches already making waves in the first month of 2024.
The pace seems relentless, as key players such as Maruti Suzuki, Tata, Mahindra, Hyundai, and Mercedes-Benz gear up to introduce models spanning various segments. Here’s an overview of the upcoming launches and what to expect.
1. Mahindra XUV300 Facelift:
– With stiff competition in the compact SUV segment, Mahindra is set to unleash a revamped XUV300.
– Anticipate a bold design overhaul, drawing inspiration from Mahindra’s BE line-up of SUVs.
– Interior upgrades, including a panoramic sunroof and advanced digital features, are on the horizon.
– Engine options, including a 1.5-litre diesel and 1.2-litre turbo petrol, will persist, with a new automatic variant.
2. Hyundai Creta N Line:
– Scheduled for a March arrival, the Creta N Line promises a sportier version with distinctive design elements.
– Noteworthy changes include larger 18-inch alloy wheels and an interior featuring an all-black theme with red highlights.
– Powered by a 160hp, 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine mated to a DCT automatic gearbox.
3. Maruti Swift – Fourth Generation:
– The popular hatchback is gearing up for its fourth generation, poised to compete with the Hyundai Grand i10 Nios.
– Introducing the new 1.2-litre three-cylinder Z Series engine, offering 82hp and 108Nm.
– Expected to launch soon, with production set to commence this month.
4. Tata Nexon iCNG:
– Tata’s compact SUV is set to diversify its offerings with a CNG variant showcased at the Bharat Mobility Global Expo 2024.
– Expected to maintain its versatility by offering petrol, diesel, CNG, and electric options.
5. Tata Curvv EV:
– As Tata’s first launch of the year, the Curvv EV is set to debut as an all-electric SUV-coupe.
– Sporting a unique design, it aims to compete with the MG ZS EV and upcoming Hyundai Creta EV.
– Tata eyes sales of 12,000 units annually, with detailed specifications yet to be revealed.
6. Mercedes GLB Facelift:
– The smaller seven-seat SUV from Mercedes is due for a refresh, expected to hit the market before March.
– Subtle cosmetic changes and feature updates are anticipated, with no major mechanical alterations.
– Maintaining its powerful performance with existing engine options.
7. Tata Tiago, Tigor AMT CNG:
– Tata Motors is set to introduce an industry-first – CNG-powered automatic variants for Tiago and Tigor.
– Equipped with a 5-speed AMT and additional features such as cruise control and hill-start assist.
– Expected to offer a unique proposition in the AMT CNG segment.
As car enthusiasts await these launches, the automotive landscape in India continues its vibrant evolution, promising a diverse range of choices across segments.