PMC to Auction 32 Properties in Lohegaon, Mundhwa, Baner, and Balewadi Over Tax Default

Pune Pulse

PMC to Auction 32 Properties in High-End Areas Over Tax Default

Share This News

The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) is set to auction 32 properties on February 5 due to property tax defaults, with a cumulative worth of Rs 16.02 crore. These properties, predominantly commercial buildings, are located in affluent areas like Lohegaon, Mundhwa, Baner, and Balewadi. 

If property owners settle their dues before the auction, their properties will be removed from the list. This marks the first-time PMC is auctioning properties as defaulters have not cleared dues despite repeated reminders.

Municipal Commissioner Vikram Kumar stated that the move is within the civic body’s legal powers. The auction will take place in PMC’s main building from 12 pm to 3 pm. The selected properties for the initial auction round are in high-end localities, serving as a test to assess the response.

The list includes properties such as shops, office premises, open plots, and a factory shed in locations like Lohegaon, Balewadi, Baner, Mundhwa, Kharadi, Bibwewadi, Dhayari, Wanowrie, and Dhanori.

Ajeet Deshmukh, in charge of the civic property tax department, mentioned that interested bidders should register on https://eauction.gov.in.

The valuation for each property has been determined, and the bidding amount will not be less than the fixed valuation. Bidders are required to pay 1% of the property amount in advance by January 31.

Eligible bidders will be announced on February 4, with the winning bidder obliged to pay 20% of the amount within two days of the auction and the remaining 80% within 15 days.

Should the property owner clear dues and the auction cost within 15 days, the bid winner will be reimbursed the amount deposited with PMC.

Angel home decor
ad-23590