Pune: Fire Incident at SP College Boys’ Hostel Quickly Contained, No Injuries Reported

Pune: Fire Incident at SP College Boys' Hostel Quickly Contained, No Injuries Reported

Pune: Fire Incident at SP College Boys' Hostel Quickly Contained, No Injuries Reported

Share This News

Pune – On July 7, 2024, at 6:44 AM, the fire brigade control room received an alert about a fire at the boys’ hostel of Sir Parashurambhau (SP) College. The fire brigade from Janata Fire Station was immediately dispatched to the scene. Upon arrival, the fire brigade personnel observed that the fire had erupted in the external city meter supplying electricity to the hostel.

The incident caused a loud noise, creating panic among the students. However, the quick response from the college staff, who used fire extinguishers to control the blaze, helped manage the situation. They also promptly contacted the fire brigade and the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL).

The firefighters conducted a thorough inspection and successfully extinguished the fire, eliminating any potential danger. MSEDCL personnel from the Parvati Electrical Division arrived on time to assist with the situation and ensure further safety measures. Fortunately, no injuries were reported in this incident. The quick and coordinated efforts of the college staff and the fire brigade were crucial in averting a more severe crisis.

The team from Janata Fire Station, including driver Sagar Devkule and firemen Mahendra Sakpal, Umesh Shinde, Sagar Patil, and Vijay Waghmare, played a significant role in this operation.

The fire brigade’s regular safety lectures and demonstrations at various establishments, including residential buildings, schools, colleges, hospitals, malls, and other locations, have proven effective. The training enabled the college staff to use fire extinguishers efficiently and control the fire in its initial stages.