Acharya Anandrishiji Chowk (Savitribai Phule Pune University Chowk) is undergoing traffic jam on the road in the area due to the construction of the flyover and the construction of pillars of the Metro. Therefore, from today, Saturday (February 10) until further orders, Deputy Commissioner of Transport Shashikant Borate has issued an order to change the traffic in the area.
To reduce traffic congestion, motorists coming from Aundh road towards Shivajinagar in Aundh, Sangvi, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Hinjewadi area and going to Aundh, Sangvi, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Hinjewadi from Shivajinagar should follow the following modified route:
- Motorists going to Aundh, Sangvi, Pimpri-Chinchwad, Hinjawadi on Ganeshkhind road from Shivajinagar should take a right turn from Abil House and go straight to Range Hills, Sai Chowk Khadki, Dr Ambedkar Chowk Bopodi via Spicer Chowk to Bremen Chowk to the desired destination.
- Vehicles going to Shivajinagar and Pune stations from Aundh village should take a left turn at Bremen Chowk and proceed straight through Spicer Junction, Dr Ambedkar Chowk, Sai Chowk Khadki, Range Hills Chowk.
- All types of vehicles will be prohibited from making right turns from Range Hills at Abil House round-about.
- Sanganna Dhotre path on Ganeshkhind road is open for dual traffic.
- One-way traffic to Om Super Market Circle via Khau Galli on Ganeshkhind Road. Entry from Symbiosis College through Khau Galli to Ganeshkhind Road will be prohibited.
All types of travel buses from Pune City to Sancheti Hospital Chowk to Sancheti Hospital Chowk via Ganeshkhind Road to Vidyapeeth Chowk, via Aundh to Pimpri-Chinchwad, Hinjewadi area and from Pimpri-Chinchwad, Hinjewadi area to Aundh Road to Pune Vidyapeeth Chowk to Sancheti Hospital Chowk from February 10 in the morning till the completion of construction of Ganeshkhind road flyover or metro. Entry is closed from 8 to 10:30 pm. At this time, travellers should come to the city via Harris Bridge from the old Pune-Mumbai highway.