7-Year-Old Boy Dies After Consuming Instant Noodles, Family Hospitalized: Reports

7-Year-Old Boy Dies After Consuming Instant Noodles, Family Hospitalized: Reports

7-Year-Old Boy Dies After Consuming Instant Noodles, Family Hospitalized: Reports

Share This News

Uttar Pradesh: In a devastating turn of events, a family of six members in Uttar Pradesh’s Pilibhit district faced severe health complications after consuming instant noodles alongside rice on Friday night. The incident resulted in the tragic death of a 7-year-old child who complained of stomach ache. Five other family members were also taken ill, with one reported to be in a critical condition.

The distressing episode occurred in Rahul Nagar, under the Puranpur tehsil area, where Seema, a resident, had arrived at her maternal home from Dehradun along with her sons Rohan and Vivek, and daughter Sandhya. After a meal of noodles and rice on Friday night, the family retired to bed.

However, during the night, Seema, her three children, sister Sanju, and sister-in-law Sanjana experienced deteriorating health. They were promptly admitted to a private hospital, where they received initial treatment and were discharged home upon improvement.

Tragically, the family’s condition worsened again late Friday night. Rohan, Seema’s son, complained of a stomach upset, drank water, and subsequently passed away. Following this devastating loss, the health of other family members deteriorated, leading to their admission to the Community Health Center on Saturday morning. Vivek, in particular, was referred to a higher-grade health center due to the severity of his condition.

Dr. Rashid of the Puranpur Health Center confirmed the incident and stated that five individuals were admitted to the Community Health Center after consuming rice and instant noodles. One patient’s condition was deemed critical, prompting their referral to a higher-level health center, while the treatment of others is ongoing.

As the health department initiates an investigation into the matter, this tragic incident serves as a poignant reminder of the importance of food safety and vigilance in preventing such heart-wrenching occurrences.