On the occassion of Easter, Chef Nader Shaikh, Executive Chef, Sheraton Grand Pune Bund Garden Hotel shares the recipe of Fusion Easter Eggs which is ideal for an Easter breakfast or brunch with family.
· Onion 1 thinly chopped
· Green Chilies 1-2 thinly chopped
· Tomato 1 thinly chopped
· Spinach (Handful) chopped
· Green Onion 1 chopped
· Salt (To Taste)
· Turmeric 1 Tea spoon
· Red Chili Powder 1 tablespoon
· Eggs 5
· Cooking Oil
1. Heat oil in a frying pan
2. Add the finely chopped onion and fry until light golden brown.
3. Add the chopped tomato, green chilies, green onions, spinach and mix well.
4. Add all the spices including salt, turmeric, red chilies and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
5. With the help of spatula make 5 wells in the mixture and add 5 eggs.
6. Sprinkle black pepper and cover with a lid. Let it cook in steam for 5-6 minutes until eggs are done.
How to make Scotch Eggs ?
· 6 eggs
· Ground rosemary- 1/2 teaspoon
· Milk – 3 tablespoon
· English mustard – ½ teaspoon
· Panko breadcrumbs – 100 gm
· black pepper as required
· Minced chicken – 200 grams
· Chopped parsley – 1/2 teaspoon
· coriander leaves – 1/2 teaspoon chopped
· salt as required
· All-purpose flour- 40 gm
· Mace powder – 1/4 teaspoon
· Vegetable oil – ¾ cup
· water as required
How to make Fusion Easter Eggs ?
1. In a medium size pan on high flame and water and bring it to a boil. Once done, add 04 eggs and boil it for 5 -6 minutes.
2. Once the eggs are boiled, place them in ice cold water for minimum 10 minutes.
3. Take a large bowl and mix together the minced chicken, coriander leaves, parsley, rosemary, mace powder and English mustard. Season this with salt and pepper as per your taste. Mix all the ingredients well and divide this mixture into 6 equal parts and keep aside.
4. Once the eggs are cold, peel them and keep it aside. Crack the remaining 02 raw eggs in a bowl with milk and season it. Beat the eggs until mixed well, place the flour along with a little salt and pepper powder.
5. Take a portion of the minced chicken mixture and spread it with your fingers until it is large enough to wrap a single egg. Make sure to spread the flour on your working space so that the chicken mixture doesn’t stick.
6. Roll one egg on the flour bowl and place it at the centre of the flattened minced chicken mixture.
7. Dip this covered egg in the flour, and then the egg-milk mixture, and finally with the breadcrumbs. Repeat this procedure once again to ensure that the boiled egg inside won’t burst out open. Do this with the remaining eggs.
8. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a high flame. When the oil is hot enough, add the eggs one by one. Fry these eggs till golden brown in colour.
9. Garnish with rice/ potato crispies
Wanna try another recipe for Easter; click on the link :