On 18th November (Saturday), an electric scooter caught fire in Bijlinagar of Pradhikaran Area (PMRDA) in Pimpri Chinchwad. No injuries have happened.
Speaking to Pune Pulse, Gautam Ingawale, Fire Officer, PCMC Fire Station, said “The fire station got the information about the incident at 12:46 pm on Saturday (18th November). As soon as we reached the spot, we took measures to douse the fire. The electric scooter was burnt completely in the accident. The fire was successfully doused within 4 to 5 minutes using hose reel extinguisher. No one was injured or harmed.”
As per further information shared by Ingawale, the prima facie reason of the fire seems to be malfunction in the battery of the electric scooter.
Further information states that a person Madhavi Jadhav called the Fire Station at 12:46 pm and reported that an electric bike caught fire at Hanuman Sweets, Bijlinagar, Pimpri Chinchwad. Along with Fire Officer Gautam Ingwale, fire officials Amol Ranjane, Sampat Gound, Sanjay Mahadik, Somnath Tukdev, Devgadkar and Danwale went to the spot. The fire was completely extinguished by pouring water on the fire with the help of a hose reel with everyone safe.