In a startling incident, a man from Hyderabad, Robin Zaccheus, discovered a live worm crawling in a bar of Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate that he purchased for ₹45 from Ratnadeep Retail store at Ameerpet metro station.
Expressing his concern, Zaccheus took to social media to share a video of the worm-infested chocolate along with the bill. He questioned the quality check procedures for products nearing expiry and raised concerns about potential public health hazards.
The post quickly gained traction, with netizens urging Zaccheus to take strict action against the authorities. Suggestions included raising a grievance with Cadbury, collecting a sample for investigation, and even pursuing legal action for compensation.
Responding to the outcry, the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation assured that the Food Safety team had been alerted and would address the issue promptly.
Cadbury Dairy Milk also responded to the post, expressing regret over the unpleasant experience. The company requested Zaccheus to provide more details about the purchase for a thorough investigation. The incident highlights the challenges companies face in maintaining quality standards and the importance of swift and transparent responses to consumer complaints.