Pune – November 17, 2023
In a heart-stopping incident at Rajshree Society on Sinhagad College road near Hingne Khurd, quick-thinking firefighters from the Sinhagad Fire Station of Pune Fire Brigade successfully rescued a one year old baby who was trapped in a terrace grill and wall.
The dramatic rescue unfolded at 4:30 PM today, November 17 when the neighbors of the flat, hearing the baby’s cries, promptly alerted the fire brigade personnel.
The unfortunate situation occurred as the baby was playing on the terrace and the door got accidentally locked from the outside. The neighbors, realizing the predicament, wasted no time and immediately called the fire brigade. A team of skilled firefighters, led by Driver Ashok Kadu and including jawans Tushar Kare, Sambhaji Atole, and Adinath Pawar, rushed to the scene.
Upon arrival, the firefighters discovered the one year old trapped on the second floor in the iron mesh of the gallery. They swiftly broke open the door frame using a hydraulic spreader and jack from their combi tool kit. Remarkably, the baby was safely rescued within five minutes of their arrival.
Overwhelmed with gratitude, the relieved parents expressed their heartfelt thanks to the dedicated personnel for their swift and efficient performance during the rescue operation. The collaborative efforts of the firefighters exemplified their commitment to safeguarding lives in emergency situations.