By: Pune Pulse
November 1, 2023
Pune: A family in a high-rise building in Greater Noida was stuck in a lift for thirty minutes. The elevator suddenly stopped on the first floor as the family was making its way back to their flat.
As per the information, the family tried to call the building’s security staff and hit the emergency button, but they got no help right away. One of the persons in the elevator used his cell phone to desperately call a neighbour and let them know what was going on.
The family was eventually saved after the neighbour quickly informed the main gate guards of the situation.
A possible heart attack claimed the life of a 73-year-old lady in August when a lift cable broke in a residential tower in Noida’s Paras Tierra Society, causing the woman to fall freely between floors. Following the incident, building occupants in Uttar Pradesh demanded the creation of the Lift (Safety) Act in order to guard against mishaps and accidents caused by malfunctioning lifts.