PMC organizes vaccination for Haj pilgrims at Kamla Nehru hospital on May 28

Share This News

On Sunday, May 28, the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) will be organizing a special vaccination drive at Kamla Nehru Hospital for individuals embarking on the Haj pilgrimage. 

The PMC’s health department aims to vaccinate a total of 1,200 pilgrims during this dedicated initiative.

The vaccination drive will cover essential vaccines such as Polio, Influenza H1N1, and Japanese Encephalitis (JE). Pilgrims can conveniently visit Kamla Nehru Hospital, located in Mangalwar Peth, between 9 am and 3 pm to receive their vaccinations.

Municipal Commissioner Vikram Kumar has urged all registered Haj pilgrims to take advantage of this opportunity and ensure they are vaccinated. It has been reported that India has been allocated 175,000 Haj pilgrim slots this year, with 80 percent assigned to the Haj Committee of India and the remaining 20 percent available to private Haj group operators.