Pune : Electricity cable explodes in Kharadi; person injured

Pune : Electricity cable explodes in Kharadi; person injured

Pune : Electricity cable explodes in Kharadi; person injured(Pic for representational purpose only)

Share This News

In a terrible incident, a person sustained injuries when an electricity cable of Mahavitaran exploded in Thite Vasti in Kharadi on January 26 in which a person was injured.

Speaking to Pune Pulse, Nishikant Raut, PRO, Mahavitaran Pune said, “Yes, this incident had taken place in Kharadi on Friday. The relevant action has been taken from Mahavitaran.”

As per further information, the high voltage power cable of Mahavitaran was lying exposed near Sairaj Mitra Mandal in Thite Wasti area of ​​Kharadi. Due to this, a person’s legs have suffered burn injuries. 

The victim had come to live in a rented room with his friends at Thite Vasti in Kharadi a few days ago. Sairaj Mitra Mandal is located near the building where the victim lives. There is a grocery store nearby. The victim had gone shopping. At that time, a high voltage cable lying in the open, in front of that shop, suddenly exploded. The victim got trapped in it. Fire started coming out of the electric cable due to which he suffered burns on both of his legs and one side of his face. After this, a person present there immediately admitted the victim to a private hospital where he is undergoing treatment.

Some residents said that a few days ago, a high voltage cable was laid to supply electricity to a building. But this very cable was lying exposed. The demand for putting this cable underground was made several times to the Mahavitaran Office in Kharadi. But it was ignored.

The cable was lying exposed for the past several days. The residents of this place have alleged that this accident has happened only because of the carelessness of Mahavitaran. After getting information about this incident, an employee of Mahavitaran entered the spot. When asked about the situation, he informed the residents of the area that the senior officer has asked to lay the cable. 

A person close to the victim said that as his condition became serious, he was advised to go to a bigger hospital. 

The victim is being treated at a private hospital. 

Shreyas Vange

Angel home decor
ad-23590