The Hinjawadi Industries Association, Pune has written a letter to the Pimpri Chinchwad Commissioner seeking his help in resolving the traffic issues from the Rajiv Gandhi InfoTech Park, Hinjawadi. The letter stated that since the company has mandated the employees to report to the office for work, there is an increase in the traffic in the area. However, the company employees have been stating that with poor management of traffic on the road, the employees are reaching the office late.
Col Yogesh Joshi, secretary, HIA Pune told Pune Pulse that immediate action needs to be taken on the traffic congestion issues.
The HIA Pune put forth some issues needing urgent attention and immediate directions for implementation.
1. Deploying Traffic PI at Hinjawadi
2. Deployment of 10 Traffic Wardens given by HIA :
There are 10 Traffic Wardens hired by HIA and paid by the member companies that must be used judiciously for traffic control within RGIP and Hinjawadi. The HIA Pune carried out a surprise check on June 22, 2023 both during morning and peak hours and found out that Traffic Wardens are deployed at few locations and not at the main junctions where the need is. It was also found that TW were deployed at Radha Chowk at Balewadi, Mula River at NH, one was detained in the office while the other two were used for patrol.
3. HIA Traffic Warden should not be used for office purposes.
4. HIA TW be deployed during peak traffic hours 8 am and 12 noon and 4.30 pm and 8.30 pm at Wipro Phase 2 circle, Padmabhushan chowk, Shivaji chowk, Panchratna Chowk, IOC Petrol Pump chowk and Laxmi chowk.
5. HIA Pune had given 35 TW Hinjawadi Traffic Division which are not seen anymore.
These can be deployed at :
a) IOC Petrol Pump
b) Panchratna Chowk
c) Shivaji Chowk
d) Wipro Phase 2 Chowk
e) Infosys Phase 2 Chowk
f) Padmabhushan Chowk
g) SEZ Circle
h) Maan Village temple crossing
i) Bhumkar chowk
j) Lakshmi chowk
6. Ban Movement of Traffic :
Ban Movement of Traffic between 8 am to 12 noon and 4.30 pm to 8.30 PM from Wakad to Shivaji Chowk to Wipro Phase 2 – Quadron and TCS Phase 3.
7. Enforcing No Parking Infront of D mart – Enforcing No Parking infront of D mart is a must
Joshi told Pune Pulse the ongoing metro work has left the road into just one and half lane which is not enough. There are people mostly coming in four wheelers now due to monsoon, more congestion is caused due to the road that is being closed and heavy vehicles.