Pune News : Tata Motors issues clarification on EV fire incident held at Katraj

Share This News

An electric car had caught fire on April 16 at Katraj chowk near Rajiv gandhi zoo on Sunday evening. In reference to the thermal incident on April 16, 2023 in Pune, Katraj, Tata Motors issued a clarification on the incident.

In its statement, Tata Motors stated, “All occupants are safe. A team of technical experts have concluded a detailed investigation of this incident and we would like to share an update with you. We understand that this vehicle recently underwent repairs, wherein the left headlamps were replaced at an unauthorized workshop. Over an extended period of time, this led to a short and trapped heat. The fitment and repair process, at the unauthorized workshop, had shortcomings, which caused an electrical malfunction in the headlamp area leading to the thermal incident. The affected area is concentrated only in the zone of repairs carried out. We remain engaged with the customer to offer all the support needed.”

Tata Motors further informed that they appeal to all customers – “The automotive market is constantly evolving with new technologies and modern electronic parts, both in ICE cars and EVs, which requires trained craftsmanship. For the safety of our users, we urge our customers to get their vehicles fitted with on-spec components, accessories, spare parts at authorized Tata Motors workshops, to avoid any such incidents.”