11 Public universities to get grant of Rs 540 crores in Maharashtra under PM Usha Scheme 

11 Public universities to get grant of Rs 540 crores in Maharashtra under PM Usha Scheme

11 Public universities to get grant of Rs 540 crores in Maharashtra under PM Usha Scheme ( Representational Image )

Share This News

In Maharashtra, a total of 11 Public universities will get a grant of Rs. 540 crores under the scheme launched by the central government named Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shikshan Abhiyan (PM- USHA). This scheme has been launched with the aim to improve and encourage the government-aided higher education sectors.

PM-USHA is a scheme launched by the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) in 2013. It was initiated to promote equality, enhance the quality of education and inclusion of Public universities in higher education. 60% of the total funding will be provided by the Central Government and the remaining 40% will be provided by the Government of the States.

RUSA visited several universities in the district and states in the past six months and helped universities and colleges to submit their proposal for the scheme.

Shrimati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey (SNDT) Women’s University, Gondwana University, Punyashlok Ahilyadevi Holkar Solapur University and Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad are the four universities who will get Rs 100 crores each, additionally, Mumbai University and Dr Homi Bhabha State University, Nagpur University, Kolhapur University will each get Rs 20 crores.

The money will be issued under 2 sections of the programme – 100 crore will be given to Multidisciplinary and Research Institutes and 20 crores will be given to the Strengthening Universities.

With funding of these colleges, it will help the universities under the scheme to fund a variety of projects such as making new education policies for the betterment of students and working more firmly on the physical and digital infrastructure of the universities.

Podar Prep
Joyville
Podar Prep