By: Pune Pulse
September 25, 2023
Pune: The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has completed all the arrangements for the immersion of Ganesh idols. 15 regional offices will take care of public cleanliness in their respective areas, including the cleaning of the procession route, containers, Nirmalya Kalash, immersion ghats and management of fire brigade personnel on the ghats.
Additionally, lifeguards, security systems, electrical generators, and public announcement systems are also installed. Independent workers have been appointed to carry out quick repair work at the places where there is leakage of water channels and sewers. Arrangements for mobile toilets and regular cleaning of public toilets are also made.
As per information, the major immersion ghats include:
- Sangam Ghat
- Vriddheshwar Ghat/Siddheshwar Ghat
- Ashtabhuja Temple (Narayan Peth)
- Bapughat (Narayan Peth)
- Vitthal Temple (Alka Chowk)
- Thosarpaga Ghat
- Rajaram Pool Ghat
- Siddheshwar Temple
- Chima Park Yerwada
- Warje Karve Nagar, Street no. 1 Riverside
- Nene/Apte Ghat
- Pulachi Wadi, Nataraj Cinema
- Khandoji Baba Chowk
- Back side of Garware College
- Dattawadi Ghat
- Aundhgaon Ghat
- Bund garden Ghat
- Panchaleshwar Ghat.
Important aspects of the Ganesh Visarjan system include:
1) The refurbishment and repainting of the extant wells and premises designated for the immersion of Ganesha have been undertaken.
2) The necessary measures have been taken to repair the existing thoroughfares and potholes leading to the site of Ganesh immersion.
3) Efforts have been made to ensure adequate illumination at the immersion site and along the route leading to it.
4) The Nirmalya Kalash has been positioned at the designated immersion site to facilitate the pouring of Nirmalya.
5) Trained lifeguards have been appointed to oversee the immersion site and ensure the safety of all participants.
6) Mandap servants have been employed in two shifts to maintain the cleanliness of the tank and the surrounding area at the Ganesh Visarjan tank location.