140 trees in Metro Eco Park in Ravet have been declared dead due to a lack of water for the trees. Therefore, Metro Eco Park Bachao Samiti have sat on an indefinite hunger strike since January 23 to save the park.
As per information shared by Vikas Badolia, a Member of Metro Eco Park Bachao Samiti, the following are the main demands:
- Ravet Eco Park should be opened to citizens
- While handing over the land to the Election Commission, the land was declared barren. Is this not a fraud of the government? If so, will action be taken against the concerned officer?
- The Collector/Tahsildar/Talathi are responsible for the killing of 140 trees. Hence, the responsible persons behind this deliberate act of killing these trees should be prosecuted under the Maharashtra (Urban Areas) Protection and Preservation of Trees (Amendment) Act, Biological Diversity Act and WildLife (Protection) Act.
- Action should be taken against a builder for illegal felling of trees
- Even though Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) has denied permission for this, the Public Works Department is doing illegal construction for the Election Commission. Action should be taken on this.