Two major roads in Pune will remain closed for vehicles on New Year eve, December 31, 2022
Pune Pulse Correspondent
The Pune City Traffic Police has informed that two major roads in Pune, Mahatma Gandhi (M G Road) and Fergusson College road (F C Road) will remain closed for vehicles on New Year eve on December 31, 2022.
Vijay Kumar Magar, deputy commissioner of Police, Traffic branch, Pune city stated that several areas in Pune sees huge gatherings of people bidding goodbye. Hence, we have decided to keep vehicle entry prohibited on these roads after 7 PM.
Use and Throw Pipes for Breath Analysers Machine
Also, breath analysers will be used at various nakabandi spots. Magar said that use and throw pipes will be used to check the motorists, in view of the rising Covid-19 cases.
‘No Vehicle Zone’ in Pune on December 31, 2022, 7 PM to 5 AM next morning
- Fergusson College road – From Goodluck Hotel chowk to Fergusson College Main gate – Entry to vehicles will be prohibited.
- Mahatma Gandhi road – From 15 August chowk to Hotel Aurora Towers
Traffic Diversions on Mahatma Gandhi road (M G Road) Pune on New Year eve, December 31, 2022.
- From Y junction to M G road the traffic will be diverted to 15 August chowk via Kureshi masjid to Sujata Mastani chowk
- Road will remain closed for vehicles from Iskcon Mandir to Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar chowk statue, Hotel Aurora Towers
- Vehicles will be banned entering from Volga Chowk to Mohd Rafi chowk and will be diverted to East Street road to Indira Gandhi chowk
- From Indira Gandhi chowk to Mahavir chowk the vehicles will be prohibited and will be diverted via Indira Gandhi chowk to Lashkar police station chowk
- From Sarbatwala chowk to Mahavir chowk, vehicles will be prohibited to enter and will be diverted via Taboot street.