Pune: 12-year-old Hadapsar boy steps on livewire in puddle, dies

Pune: 12-year-old Hadapsar boy steps on livewire in puddle, dies

Pune: 12-year-old Hadapsar boy steps on livewire in puddle, dies

Share This News

A 12-year-old boy was electrocuted  in front of the handball stadium on D P Road in Sadesatranali in Hadapsar after he stepped on a livewire that was submerged in a puddle of water amid heavy rains. 

The deceased is identified as Rohit Subhash Mandalkar and is originally from Solapur. He recently shifted to Pune with his parents who carry out odd jobs in Hadapsar, Pune.

The deceased resided close to the PMC Colony on DP Road, according to the Hadapsar police. The Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), R Raja declared, “The public has informed us in the initial stages that the wire broke. The child was electrocuted after coming into contact with a wire while crossing the street to go home.”

A local resident stated that his brother Bhima pulled the youngster out of the puddle after he fainted. He was given mouth-to-mouth oxygen, and even pumped his chest, and put in a chair, but nothing worked. They brought him to the hospital, where the medical staff made every effort to bring him back to health. despite this, he died.

According to the police, the autopsy result from Sassoon Hospital remains pending.