Satish Magar, Executive Director of Nanded City and a delegation of residents recently met Vikram Kumar, Pune Municipal Commissioner alleging that the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has charged more property tax from the flat owners of Nanded City.
They also alleged that PMC is charging unnecessary transfer fees while reselling flats and the 40% discount after filling the PT3 form is not getting availed.
Responding to the allegation, Kumar informed that the 40 per cent discount on property tax has been extended till March 31. A way will be found by discussing the higher levy of property tax and transfer fee.
The delegation included Rupesh Ghule, Hemant Joshi, Vikas Dedge, Pankaj Dedge, Ram Bendre, Jitendra Patil, Nana Deshmukh, Kashinath Mate, president of eight housing projects in Nanded City.
Recently MLA Bhimrao Tapkir, office bearers of the society had met Kunal Khemnar, Additional Commissioner of PMC. At that time, various issues were discussed. It was decided to discuss some issues with the commissioner and the concerned department to make a decision.
This meeting was held against that background & following points were discussed:
- In the case of resale of flats, the process of levying property tax is more complex
- Unjust taxation
- Property holders have not received property tax bills yet
- Dissatisfaction among property holders due to excessive taxation
- Insufficient staff to accept PT3 forms at the office in Nanded City
- So far only one and a half thousand flat holders have paid tax.
- PT3 form attachment documents are not accepted at the tax collection office here.
- Different deadlines for submission of PT3 form and payment of bill amount