Pune News : Hadapsar Restaurant Fire Sparked by Cylinder Explosion, Swiftly Contained with No Casualties

Pune News : Hadapsar Restaurant Fire Sparked by Cylinder Explosion, Swiftly Contained with No Casualties

Pune News : Hadapsar Restaurant Fire Sparked by Cylinder Explosion, Swiftly Contained with No Casualties

Share This News

In the early hours of Sunday, February 11th, 2024, a cylinder explosion triggered a fire at a restaurant in Hadapsar, Pune. Fortunately, no injuries or fatalities were reported despite the significant explosion.

Upon receiving an alert from the Fire Brigade control at 3:12 AM, Hadapsar Fire Station and Kale Borate Nagar Fire Station swiftly dispatched their firefighters to the scene. Within 15 minutes of their arrival, the firefighters brought the fire under control, extinguishing the flames completely within 30 minutes.

Upon reaching the location, firefighters were met with a fierce fire engulfing the ground floor and two additional floors of ‘Bhannat Biryani House’. Prompt action led to the safe evacuation of residents inhabiting the upper levels. Firefighters swiftly initiated operations to control the blaze. Six individuals, comprising three men and three women, were successfully rescued and relocated to safety. Meanwhile, bystanders endeavored to suppress the fire’s spread until the arrival of the rescue team.

Upon arrival, firefighters immediately tackled the blaze to prevent further escalation. Three cylinders were removed, with confirmation that one had exploded. Residents on the upper floors were safely evacuated before the firefighting operation commenced.

A total of three men and three women were successfully rescued and relocated to safety. The operation was effectively coordinated by Fire Officer Anil Gaikwad and drivers Raju Sheikh, Narayan Jagtap, along with firefighters Animesh Kondgekar, Babasaheb Chavan, Chandrakant Navale, Ketan Ghadge, and Saket Shinde.

The fire caused extensive damage to all items within ‘Bhanmat Biryani House’ and two adjacent shops. However, prompt action by the firefighters ensured the situation was swiftly brought under control, preventing further harm.

Angel home decor
ad-23590