Pune Porsche Accident: No mechanical issues with car, says Porsche inspection team

Pune Porsche Case: Political Pressure Allegedly Influences Blood Sample Reports, Cite Anil Deshmukh 

Pune Porsche Case: Political Pressure Allegedly Influences Blood Sample Reports, Cite Anil Deshmukh 

Share This News

A team from Porsche inspected the Porsche Taycan involved in a fatal accident in Pune on May 19, which resulted in the deaths of two software engineers, Ashwini Kostha and Aneesh Awadhiya. The vehicle was allegedly driven by a 17-year-old son of a Pune realtor, who is reported to have been speeding under the influence of alcohol at the time of the incident. The inspection by the Porsche team, conducted as part of the criminal investigation, confirmed that there were no mechanical issues with the car.

The accident, which sparked nationwide outrage, occurred when the minor’s car rammed into a man and a woman on a bike. Initially, the teenager was granted bail within 15 hours of the accident under conditions perceived as lenient, such as writing a 300-word essay, working with the traffic police for 15 days, and receiving psychiatric treatment and counseling for his drinking habit. However, the Juvenile Justice Board later modified its decision, sending the teenager to an observation home.

The investigation has led to the arrest of the teenager’s parents and grandfather for their alleged involvement in the aftermath of the crime. Shivani Agrawal, the minor’s mother, was arrested on June 1 for allegedly swapping her blood sample with her son’s during a medical test to determine if he was intoxicated. The police are currently attempting to recover the original blood sample, which was reportedly switched to exonerate the teen.

Additionally, two doctors from the state-run Sassoon Hospital, including the head of the forensic department, have been arrested for their alleged role in manipulating the blood test results. The minor’s father, realtor Vishal Agrawal, was arrested earlier in a related case for allegedly destroying evidence. The accused’s grandfather has been placed in 14-day judicial custody for his involvement in the case, and it is alleged that both the father and grandfather threatened their driver and forcibly confined him to take responsibility for the crime.

The minor, who is now in an observation home, is awaiting a decision by the Juvenile Justice Board on whether he will be tried as an adult. He was caught on camera drinking before the accident and allegedly spent ₹48,000 at a pub that night. During interrogation, the teen claimed he could not remember the events of that night. Multiple FIRs have been registered in connection with the accident, revealing an elaborate plot to shield the minor from responsibility.