Members of the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS), Pune city, and NIBM branch recently met with additional commissioner Vikas Dhakne, demanding the expedited completion of road work on NIBM Road – Cloud 9. The MNS emphasized the urgency to resolve the traffic congestion caused by the delayed work on Cloud 9 road. The visit of Dhakne to the area was a result of persistent efforts by Sainath Babar and his team, who raised various issues for attention.
Rohan Gaikwad, MNS Prabhag president of NIBM road, spoke to Pune Pulse, informing them that Dhakne visited several roads in the vicinity, including Cloud 9 road, Palace Orchard road, Clover Hills road, D-mart road, Dorabjee mall road, NIBM Undri road, the new bridge road connecting Dorabjee Mall to Mohammedwadi Kad Nagar Chowk, NIBM-Kad Nagar Chowk road, and more. Gaikwad stated that Dhakne personally witnessed the problems faced by the residents in these areas.
In their memorandum to the PMC, the MNS highlighted several key issues, including:
- Urgent completion of Cloud 9 road work to alleviate inconvenience to residents, reduce traffic jams, and prevent accidents on parallel and connecting roads.
- Completion of one side of the road work (Cloud 9 road) before the arrival of monsoon to minimize inconvenience to students.
- Priority resurfacing of the road opposite Clover Hills society.
- Inclusion of Palace Orchard road slope reduction work in the next phase of the budget.
- Immediate resurfacing of Sanskriti School Chowk.
- Urgent resurfacing of Dorabjee mall road leading towards Raheja Society (Vibgyor School).
- Complete opening of the bridge road leading towards Kad Nagar from D Mart Mohammedwadi in both directions.
- Prompt removal of high tension cables.