By: Pune Pulse
November 6, 2023
Pune: The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) removed 19 unauthorized firecracker stalls on NIBM Road & nearby areas on Sunday.
As per further information shared by Dhammanand Gaikwad, Chief Encroachment Inspector, PMC Hadapsar-Mundhwa Ward Office, on November 5 (Sunday), the PMC removed as many as 19 unauthorized firecracker stalls on NIBM Road, Kad Nagar Chowk, Mundhwa-Keshav Nagar-Manjari Road.
Gaikwad stated that the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has no policy to issue permits for selling firecrackers on road footpaths, the concerned businessmen were issued strict warnings from time to time but they did not remove them. Therefore, the administration had to take a strong stand and took action to remove the encroachments. He also said that no one should put up unauthorized firecracker stalls on the road pavement otherwise strict action will be taken.
Following workforce completed the task :
· Workers – 15
· Trucks – 2
· MSF Jawans – 10
· Zonal Encroachment Inspector (Circle No 4) – Subhash Talekar
· Chief Encroachment Inspector (Hadapsar-Mundhwa Ward Office) Dhammanand Gaikwad
· Assistant Encroachment Inspector – Rahul Bokan
· Assistant Encroachment Inspector – Kiran Shinde
· Assistant Encroachment Inspector – Suraj Jaronde