Pune : Inauguration of Balewadi High Street Phase 2 & Skating Competition to be held tomorrow

Share This News

The much awaited phase 2 of the Balewadi High Street is set to open for the residents use. The information was announced by Amol Balwadkar, Chairman, Pune City Improvement Committee & a former corporator, the Phase 2 of Balewadi High Street, which goes from Mamata Chowk to Wakad Bridge, will be inaugurated on 16th March at 8:30 am at Mamata Chowk, Balewadi.

Also, a Skating Competition “Happy Streets 2024”, sponsored by Amol Balwadkar Foundation, will be inaugurated on 16th March at 7 am at Mamata Chowk, Balewadi.

Balewadi High Street Phase 2

Speaking to Pune Pulse, Amol Balwadkar, Chairman, Pune Shahar Sudharna Samiti & Former Corporator, said “This road was overdue for a lot of years. We had completed the work of the incomplete bridge. During lockdown, funds were not gained for the road. A lot of time has gone for land acquisition. However, for 2 years, a lot of follow up was going on from us. With the help of Chandrakant Patil, we received funds for the work. I personally spoke with farmers over there for land acquisition. So, now, 70% land has been acquired & 70% of the road work has been completed. Hence, we are inaugurating Phase 2 tomorrow. If the remaining 30% work is completed, the entire road will be ready in the next 4 to 6 months.”

As per further information, the Phase 2 of the road will connect Mamata Chowk & Wakad Bridge. The inauguration of the Phase 2 road will take place on 16th March (Saturday) at 8:30 am at Mamata Chowk, Balewadi.

The inauguration will happen at the hands of Chandrakant Patil, Minister of Higher and Technical Education, State of Maharashtra.

The chief guests will be Murlidhar Mohol, General Secretary, Bharatiya Janata Party, Maharashtra Election Chief, Pune Lok Sabha 2024, Dheeraj Ghate, BJP Pune city chief, Dattatray Gaikwad, Former Mayor, Jyoti Kalamkar, Former Corporator, Swapnali Saykar, Former Corporator & many more.

Skating Competition

Speaking to Pune Pulse, Amol Balwadkar, Chairman, Pune Shahar Sudharna Samiti & Former Corporator, said “The road is new & made of concrete. Kids will also have a holiday due to the weekend. Hence, it would be great when the road is inaugurated by kids skating.”

As per further information, the skating competition is sponsored by Amol Balwadkar Foundation. It will be held on Saturday 16th March 2024 at 7 am at Mamata Chowk, Balewadi.

In Quad Skates, there will be 2 Categories of Boys and Girls.

Total Age Groups – 5

1. Under 6 age group

2. 6-10

3. 10-12

4. 12-14

5. Above 14

In Inline Skates, there will be 2 Categories of Boys and Girls.

Total Age Group – 5

1. Under 6 age group

2. 6-10

3. 10-12

4. 12-14

5. Above 14

All participant winners will get medals and a cash prize.

Contact Subodh Patil – 98900 20918

Podar Prep
Joyville
Podar Prep