By: Pune Pulse
October 26, 2023
Pune: Pune Division has consistently demonstrated its commitment to introducing new and innovative amenities for its passengers.
In line with this objective, an additional initiative called EMR (Emergency Medical Room) with a pharmacy has been implemented at Pune Railway Station.
The inauguration of this facility took place on October 25, with Dr PG Grant (Chairman and Managing Trustee, Ruby Hall Clinic) presiding over the event. Notable attendees included Dr NK Sajeev (CMS), Dr Milind Hirwe (Sr DCM), and Dr Ramdas Bhise (PRO/DCM). Dignitaries from Ruby Hall Clinic, namely Dr Simon Grant (Trustee), Behram Khodaiji (CEO), and Dr Prasad Muglikar (Medical Director) were also present to grace the occasion.
The facilities at EMR (Emergency Medical Room), Pune Railway Station will be served by Ruby Hall Clinic. The specifications of the same are as under:
1. Emergency Medical Room cum pharmacy is located near IRICEN building between RPF police station and ATM of Punjab National Bank in an area of 543 sq ft.
2. The primary aim of the Emergency Medical Room at Pune Railway station is to provide First Aid Medical Assistance ‘free of cost’ to the bonafide Railway passengers who have been injured due to falling from train/run over cases/etc., during the course of their train journey and provide first aid medical assistance to passengers who fall sick during their journeys.
3. The bonafide injured/sick railway passenger shall be attended to on top priority by the doctor on duty, who shall render the requisite medical emergency treatment professionally and arrange to shift the bonafide injured railway passenger to the nearest Govt/Civil Hospital/ Trauma center having the requisite facilities for further treatment.
4. Medicines at the pharmacy will be sold on MRP.
5. Patients other than bonafide passengers – will be charged as per CGHS rates.
6. The work monitoring of EMR will be done by CMS/Pune and Sr DCM/Pune.
7. The Emergency Medical Services will be available ‘round the clock’ at the Railway station. Minimum one Doctor with qualification of MBBS/BAMS/BUMS/BHMS and preferably with ACLS (Advance Cardiac Life Support) certification from an accredited institution will be available 24×7.
8. A minimum of two paramedical staff, one being a trained nurse (general nursing trained) and the other a pharmacist/trained nurse and having knowledge of BLS (Basic Life Support) is preferable shall be available round the clock by the emergency medical service provider.
9. Other facilities like ECG, defibrillator, resuscitation facilities, nebulizer, etc. are also available.
10. Arrangements of an ambulance shall be ensured by the Emergency Medical Service