Residents of Kunal Icon road in Pimple Saudagar area have been facing severe inconvenience due to improper management of the road. Despite being a part of Smart city project of Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Pimple Saudagar is seeing a slow pace of development.
The civic body has asked for the citizens feedback on the road development work to be carried out on the 18 meter wide Kunal Icon road. The feedback can be sent till May 20 to the PCMC regarding the kind of development people need on the road.
For instance, Kunal Icon road has improper footpaths, no proper management of traffic signals, the road levels are not maintained, water logging is a common problem during monsoon. With respect to the problems faced by the residents, a joint meeting of PCMC officials and residents was held on Kunal Icon road recently.
Giving more details of the problems, Prashant Dhakane, said, “We have been writing to PCMC for a long time. It was recently that the officials responded to our complaints that a joint meeting was held. Manoj Sethia (associate city engineer, PCMC) and another officer Laxmikant Kolhe visited Kunal Icon road to understand the concerns with reference to our email dated 20 February 2023 and earlier follow-ups on various issues on Kunal icon road since October 2022. Even before we raised concerns to Rajesh Patil, the then PCMC commissioner as well. During our site visit we showed road conditions with evidence.”
Below are some of the problems raised by the residents.
1. Kunal Icon road is damaged and is uneven, requesting tarring of the road.
2. Cleanliness on Kunal icon road, Jagtap dairy flyover etc. is a must
3. Terrific traffic jams from Shivar chowk towards the multiplex of Jagtap dairy because of additional parked 4 wheelers on road doing shopping in shops lane. There should be separate parking for these shops and the road should be free.
4. Circle at Shivar chowk to be removed /reduced as it is not creating uniform flow of traffic.
5. Vehicles coming from Kunal icon road shall have free left for going towards Jagtap dairy. Please check the possibility to keep free when the other side signal is green and not impacting pedestrians crossing signal.
6. 2 /4 wheelers self-commercial Parking space shall be available on front side of their shops other than road parking and to be cleared at Dwarkadheesh shops, Vision 9 etc.
Additional points discussed
1. Install good street lights and beautify Kunal icon road
2. On Kunal icon, Road side lights get blocked due to tree branches. Need to trim excess branches on a regular basis
3. Corporation water tank to be operational as earliest which will help all societies. Water shortage is experienced by many societies.
4. The garbage picking truck adds dirt over the road, needs to collect garbage efficiently
5. Road next to Kunjir chowk connecting the back side of Kunal icon road needs to be completed at the earliest to reduce traffic on the main Kunal Icon Road
6. After self-parking available at respective commercial places on their front side, 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler parking on the street to be marked clearly. Request parallel parking on both sides of Kunal icon road
7. Discipline in auto rickshaw parking on Kunal icon road. Only limited stops to auto rickshaw.
8. Footpaths to be completed and free from encroachments
9. Beautification below Jagtap dairy flyover
10. Soil to be put in Linear garden jogging track
11. Encroachments/establishments of commercial shops (in bungalows) outside societies to be removed immediately which is blocking visibility of the road and are potential accidents points.
12. Few Dustbins are already placed inside the garden as per our request and few to be placed on foot paths of the linear garden as well.
13. Washrooms at Linear Garden to be opened as early as possible. On this continuous follow up with PCMC commissioner Shekhar Singh was conducted who assured during the assembly by-polls to open them at the earliest
14. PCMC garden at Kunjir chowk to be completed with all infrastructure and to be opened soon.
15. Stray dogs’ issue to be considered on an immediate basis as we hear a number of cases of stray dog bites and deaths in society.
16. E-waste collection centers
17. Traffic signal request at Kokane chowk to ease residents for crossing road
Vijaysinh Bhosale, deputy engineer, project department, Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation told Pune Pulse that the civic body has asked the residents of Pimple Saudagar to share their suggestions till May 20. After receiving the suggestions a plan of action will be drawn which will be put forth for approval in the standing committee. An approximate budget of Rs 5 crores have been set aside in the yearly budget for the road development work. The entire process till tender processing work will take at least 2 months of time frame, after which the work will begin.