PUNE: The Pune City Traffic Police have announced the diversions and road closures ahead of Ganpati festival.
The installation of Ganapati will be held on September 19 for which the devotees would throng the market areas.
The majority of stalls selling Ganesha idols this year are located in front of Shramik Bhawan (Annabhau Sathe Chowk) between Dengle Bridge and Shivaji Bridge, from Kasbapeth Police Station to Jijamata Chowk to Mandai, and from Savarkar Statue to Samadhan Bhel Centre (Sinhagad Road).
To ensure safe and smooth traffic in these areas to avoid inconvenience and traffic congestion. In accordance with the requirements dated September 17, 2023, to September 19, 2023, from 6:00 a.m. to 24.00 pm, Vijayakumar Magar, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Transport Branch Pune City, has issued orders excluding essential service vehicles (e.g. fire brigade, police vehicles, ambulances, etc.).
Orders are issued regarding the following changes:
- a) Vehicular Movements :-
1) Shivaji Road: Gadgil Putla Chowk to Gotiram Bhaiya Chowk is being closed for traffic.
Motorists should follow the following route.
Alternate Route :- By taking a left turn from Gadgil Putla Chowk
- From Santaji Ghorpade Path go to the desired destination via Kumbharves Chowk, Shahir Amar Sheikh Chowk.
- Motorists going from Shivajinagar to Swargate via Shivaji Road. Should go left at Barve Chowk Without turning, go straight to Jangli Maharaj Road via Khandojibaba Chowk, Tilak Chowk to Tilak Road.
- Vehicles heading towards Kumbharwes via Jhashi Rani Chowk to Khude Chowk to Dengle Bridge should go from PMC Khude Chowk. Opposite Pune, Mangala Cinema Lane Madhun Kumbharves or Premier Garage Chowk via Shivaji Bridge
Take a left turn at Gadgil Putla Chowk and use the Kumbharves Chowk route.
2) Traffic will continue on both sides of the road between Savarkar Putla Chowk to Samadhan Bhel Center (Singhgad Road) Ganpati Sale. But no vehicles of any kind should be parked in these phase.
Barricades and ropes will be used as necessary.
Parking arrangement :-
- Mitramandal Chowk to Patil Plaza.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Statue to Puram Chowk on the left side of the road
- Nilayam Bridge to Sinhagad Road Junction
One-way traffic will continue for all types of vehicles (entry prohibited for heavy vehicles) from the following sample route.
- Fadke Houd Chowk to Jijamata Chowk to Futka Buruj
- Appa Balwant Chowk to Budhwar Chowk to Moti Chowk
Sonya Maruti Chowk to Belbagh Chowk and Sevasadan Chowk
- Kumbharves from Premier Garage Lane opposite Mangala Talkies
- a) Parking system:-
Arrangements are being made for parking the vehicles of the devotees coming to buy Ganesh idols as follows.
- Ranade Path between Kamgar Putla Chowk and Shivaji Putla on one side of the road next to the court.
2.Veer Santaji Ghorpade Path to PMC On the south side of the road from Bilbharna Kendra to Gadgil Putla Chowk
- Road between Tilak Bridge and Bhide Bridge
- At Minerva and Aryan parking lot in Mandai
- Shahu Chowk (Fadgate Chowki Chowk) to Rashtrabhushan Chowk: Just on the left side of the road
P.M.P.M.L. Regarding diversion of buses:-
- Buses going from Shivajinagar stand to Swargate via Shivaji road. Go. Instead of passing through Shivaji Bridge from Barve Chowk, proceed to Jungli Maharaj Road via Tilak Chowk to Tilak Road to Swargate.
- Buses going from Corporation Bus Stop to Swargate will proceed to Swargate via Jashirani Chowk via Jungli
Maharaj Road, Alka Talkies Chowk, Tilak Road / Shastri Road to Swargate.
However, the traffic department is appealing to the motorists to cooperate with the traffic police in keeping the traffic smooth by adopting the traffic changes made as above.