Youth dies due to short circuit in Pune District

Share This News

By: Pune Pulse

September 26, 2023

PUNE: In a tragic incident, a young man lost his life due to a fire that broke out in his house due to a short circuit. This unfortunate incident took place in Kharpudi Budruk, located in the Khed taluka of Pune district.

The deceased has been identified as Vaibhav Jagannath Garud (35). The local authorities have registered a case of accidental death at the Khed police station. According to the police, the deceased is a resident of Dattanagar, Kharapudi Budruk, Khed taluka.

In preparation for the festival, decorative items and lighting were placed in front of the Ganpati idol in his house. However, on Sunday night, a sudden short circuit occurred, resulting in a fire that engulfed his house. The fire caused significant damage to the property, and tragically, Vaibhav Garud was asleep in his room when the fire broke out. He was unable to escape the flames due to its intensity, and consequently, lost his life.

This incident has deeply affected the entire taluka, and the community is expressing their shock and grief. He is survived by his wife and two young daughters.

Madhupriya Dhanwate