A 315 KVA transformer that was gutted in a fire at Sankalp Nagar at Dehu Road, was replaced in just five hours by the Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited (MSEDCL).
Along with this, the burnt electricity system was repaired and the power supply of 500 customers was promptly restored. Due to this pleasant experience, electricity consumers of Sankalp Nagar on Tuesday (7th November) felicitated MSEDCL Assistant Engineer Manoj Purohit and colleagues.
As per further information, a 315 KVA generator in Sankalp Nagar under Dehu Road branch of Bhosari division caught fire last Wednesday morning. In this, high and low voltage power lines including transformers were burnt and feeder pillars were also damaged.
The fire was extinguished by 11.30 am with the help of the fire brigade. However, in this incident, the power supply of 500 customers was interrupted. There was a situation where the power supply would not be smooth for at least 12 to 18 hours. Alternative power supply was also not available as the power system was gutted.
Assistant Engineer Manoj Purohit and his colleagues started the work of repairing the electrical system and replacing the burnt generator on a war footing. Executive Engineer of the Department Atul Devkar, Additional Executive Engineer Mahesh Deshmukh promptly provided new transformers, power cables and necessary materials.
With the help of a crane, the transformer was replaced with burnt power lines. In a very difficult situation due to the fire, the electricity supply was restored in just five hours, giving a happy ending to the service of Mahavitaran to the customers of Sankalp Nagar.
The electricity consumers felicitated Assistant Engineer Manoj Purohit, Janamitra Nitin Bharambe, Ajay Phate, Swapnil Dhande, Nikhil Damdar, Nilesh Naikodi in Dehu Road office and appreciated the prompt response.