By: Pune Pulse
October 28, 2023
Pune: The traffic congestion in Talegaon Chowk and Ambethan Chowk in Chakan has been very serious for a long time.
As per information from Dilip Batwal, Secretary, Federation of Chakan Industries, Saurabh Rao, Divisional Commissioner recently organized a meeting at Vidhan Bhavan, Pune on Monday at 4 p.m. to solve the traffic problem immediately and to plan accordingly. The representatives decided to conduct a survey of this road and implement the suggestions for effective planning of the road to reduce congestion.
Accordingly, a survey was conducted on Saturday from Spicer Chowk to Ambethan Chowk. Pimpri Chinchwad Deputy Transport Commissioner Bangar, National Highways Representative Todkar, Chakan Municipality CEO Ballal, Public Works Department Rahul Kadam, MSEDCL Official Gargote, Federation of Chakan Industry Secretary Dilip Batwal, Treasurer Vinod Jain, Aba Nanekar of Nanekar Gram Panchayat, Manoj Bansal of Agarwal Packaging, Atul Ghumatkar of Black and Decker, Vinod Verma, Rakesh Dhaka, Rajesh Batwal, Kopardikar of MCCI etc participated in this survey.
The following suggestions were made for implementation:
· Bangla Chowk on Pune Nashik Highway should be widened and asphalted because long and multi-axle vehicles face turning problems at this place, it will be removed.
· Construction of a pedestrian bridge to cross the road at Talegaon Chowk.
· Moving the bus stop 100 meters further towards Nashik at Talegaon Chowk.
· The bus stop for Pune-bound buses at Talegaon Chowk will be moved 100 meters further.
· Nanekar Gram Panchayat drainage will be prepared to remove the water accumulated near Pune bound bus stop at Talegaon Chowk.
· By removing the transformer at the corner turning from Pune to Mahalunge in Talegaon Chowk, laying underground electric cable at that place and enlarging this chowk and asphalting it.
· At the intersection from Chakan village towards Pune in Talegaon Chowk, the opening of the RCC drainage on the corner is removed and made level with the road level and this corner is widened by asphalting at this place.
· Removing the divider of the service road from Mutkewadi Chowk on Pune Nashik Road to Ambethan Chowk Road and asphalting at the said place.
· Enlarging Ambethan Chowk and asphalting.
· From all three corners of Ambethan Chowk the electric poles above the turning corner will be removed and will be made underground and asphalting the place and widening this chowk.
· Blocking the drain on the corner turning from Pune to Ambethan and widening the square by constructing level RCC at that place.
· Removing the electric pole on the corner turning from Chakan village to Pune in Ambethan Chowk, making the electric line underground and widening the chowk at that place.
· Blocking the drain on the corner turning towards Pune from Chakan village in Ambethan Chowk and levelling it with RCC construction and widening the road.
· Construction of a pedestrian bridge for pedestrians to cross the road at Ambethan Chowk.
· The labour camp located at Talegaon Chowk will be shifted to the premises of PWD near Chakan Market.
Such & more suggestions have been made after conducting the survey.